Friday, March 20, 2009

Threadless Kids - not your every day onesies and t-shirts

Last summer, I anxiously awaited the opening of a store called Theadless Kids at 1905 W. Division Street in Wicker Park. I'm not sure why I was so excited about it, since I had no idea what it was going to be, but I liked the name and I knew it had something to do with kids.

The store opened a few months ago, which I only realized a few weeks ago when I was passing by. I stopped in, expecting to find a fairly standard kids clothing/gifts/accessories store, and was surprised that it was devoted exclusively to printed onesies and t-shirts. These weren't your ordinary designs - they're super cute, original and whimsical, and there's a style for everyone.



The best part is how the designs end up on the apparel. Designs are submitted online by anyone that wants to create something, and then web site visitors vote on their favorite designs. Designs with the most votes are selected, and the designer gets $2,000 per design that is used!

So if you're looking for some cute, original, casual duds for your kids, this is a great place to look. And if you've got a creative streak and want to see your artwork on kids apparel, start creating submit something!

You can order from the web site at http://www.threadlesskids.com/, and submit your designs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment