Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lazar's Juvenile Furniture... I still have mine.

I can't possibly blog about great places for parents in Chicago without mentioning Lazar's Furniture in Lincolnwood. They've got a great selection of baby and kids' furniture, bedding, strollers, car seats, apparel, high chairs, gear and more. And if you're an eco-friendly mom, you'll love the great selection of green items, including organic mattresses, linens and clothing, FSC certified solid wood cribs, and PVC, phthalates and BPA-free baby bottles.

We shopped here before Mia was born, at which point I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. The salespeople who helped us on our various trips to the store were incredibly knowledgeable, and were clearly experts on the products. We ended up getting our car seat, stroller, convertible stroller, glider chair and lots of accessories here.

The thing that I still personally love the most about Lazar's is actually MY baby furniture. I'm talking about the furniture that I've had since I was a child in the very early 70s! My furniture set followed me from my parent's house to the various apartments I've had in Chicago, and it now occupies what I consider to be our very cozy guest room. I will say though, it doesn't seem like anyone really makes furniture quite like this set anymore, but it certainly did endear Lazar's to me in additional ways. Here it is, after all this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment