Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Calling all princesses

If you've got a little princess at home, or a princess to be (like my Mia), you've got to check out the Princess Club at 3300 N. Southport. It's just north of A Fairytale Ballet, which offers programs that introduce little girls to dance, music, costumes and all other things princess-y and ballet related. The Princess Club is from the same owner - this is where your dancing princess comes to find her clothes and accessories.

I'm still fairly new to having a little girl, so I haven't yet been exposed to all the girly-girl stores. So this was my first - and I loved it. They've got everything you can imagine for a budding princess: pretty slippers, tiaras, sparkly princess wands... and an amazing selection of dresses and tutus. I realized early on that Mia would eventually need a tutu, but I hadn't realized just how many ballerina/princess-wear choices we would have.

A Fairytale Ballet offers classes for kids as young as 2, and they even have Fairytale Princess camps. It looks like the Princess Club web site isn't up and running yet, but you can visit www.afairytaleballet.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment