Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Commitmentphobe? Try some short term classes!

I'm always looking for fun things to do with Mia, but as this blogs reflects, it's a bit challenging with my schedule. One thing I have been looking into are ways to test out kid classes with a trial class - test drive before you buy!

So for you parents who are looking for a short term commitment for kids activities, there are some great events being offered in the coming weeks at Bellybum Boutique - 4347 N. Lincoln Ave in Chicago - one of my favorite stores. Plus, they offer some free demo classes to try before you buy!

Itsy Bitsy Yoga Toddler / Itsy Bitsy Yoga Infant:
You can try out a free demo on January 4, and then sign up for a 4 session class. The classes are taught by a certified Itsy Bitsy instructor, and are part of a developmentally-centered program for young children.

Dance With Me Toddler:
For toddlers ages 1-3, this class gets baby moving. You can register for 4 sessions starting on January 6, or drop in for $15 on Wednesdays at 11am (Jan 6-27)

Sign & Sing with Baby:
4 sessions starting January 21. I'm a BIG fan of baby sign, even though we only taught my daughter a few signs. Had I know how useful the signs she learned would be, I would have taken a class. And in this class, signing is taught along with music to increase ease of learning. I highly recommend giving this a try if you a have a little one!

Other classes for moms include Child Led Potty Learning, How & Why to Cloth Diaper Your Baby, Going Green for Me & Baby to Be, and more. Check the web site for more details on these and MANY other fun events: www.bellybumboutique.com/calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment