Here are a few summer activities that you should add to your list before it's too late!
- Family Fun Festival - This daily festival at Millennium Park includes music with Wiggleworms instructors, a reading circle and family entertainment, plus the chance to explore the Park and see the fountains and the Bean. Through August 21. Free!
- Cirque Shanghai Extreme - This high flying family circus is playing at Navy Pier's Skyline Stage, featuring feats of tumbling, juggling, balancing and more. Tickets start at $15, and you can check out the rest of the fun at Navy Pier before or after the show. Through September 5.
- Dancin' Sprouts - Wednesday evenings, pack a picnic and see some of our best local kid's bands on the promenade at the Chicago Botanic Garden. Remaining dates include Karen Jordan on 8/17, The Dreamtree Shakers on 8/24, and Mindy Hester & the Time Outs on 8/31. It's free!
- Story Time at Lincoln Park Zoo - Wednesday and Fridays at 9:15 and 10am, join Mr. Singer for silly songs and tall tales. Combine your outing with a walk through the zoo and a picnic with fresh, local foods at the nearby Green City Market. Through September 9. Free!
- Wizard of Oz Theatre-Hike - Weekends in August, walk along with the action of Wizard of Oz, going from scene to scene outdoors among 1,700 acres of trees and beautiful landscapes. The Sunday hikes are low impact and suitable for strollers, walkers and wheelchairs. Saturdays and Sundays through August 28.