Chicago Cubs Family Days/Promotions:
- Tuesday, August 9: Cubs Plush Bear (First 5,000 children 13 & younger)
- Friday, September 2: American Girl Doll-sized Cubs Apparel (First 4,000 children 14 & younger)
Chicago White Sox Family Days/Promotions:
- Sunday, April 17: Kids Day-Celebration of spring
- Sunday, May 1: Mother Son Day
- Sunday, May 22: Kids Day-Sox Expo
- Sunday, June 5: White Sox Kid's Jersey Giveaway
- Sunday, June 12: Father Daughter Day
- Sunday, June 26: Kids Day-Southpaw's Birthday
- Sunday, July 10: Kids Day-Wild about the Sox
- Sunday, August 21: Kids Day-Back to School Carnival
Tips for Enjoying Your Baseball Outing
Once you've picked a date and are ready to go, here are some tips to help your family enjoy the game:
- Get the whole family into some team colors and team gear!
- Bring a baseball glove - you never know when a fly ball could head your way!
- Bring the camera for family photos - you'll always remember the big day.
- Enjoy some hotdogs, pizza, popcorn, peanuts and more - it's a baseball tradition. And you can bring your own bottled water at long as it's sealed.
- Arrive early to watch team batting practice and warm ups - both parks open 2 hours before the game starts. Bring a permanent marker, something to write on, and ask for autographs!
- Protect yourself from the sun! Bring sun block, hats, and sunglasses.
- Stay through the 7th inning so you can sing "take me out to the ballgame."
- Find a fun spot to eat before or after the game.
Vines on Clark
3554 N Clark Street, Chicago, (773) 327-8572
Located just 1/2 block from Wrigley, Vines has a spacious dining area with an outdoor patio. Options include sandwiches, salads, wraps, burgers, & pizza, and there are brunch options for early games.
Goose Island Brewpub
3535 N Clark St., Chicago, (773) 832-9040
This kid friendly pub has patio seating, is smoke free, and offers American traditional food. It's a Chicago landmark, so it can be part of your family Chicago experience.
2679 N Lincoln Ave., Chicago, (773) 248-0168
Pat's Pizza is known for their thin crust pizza and is only a short walk from Wrigley Field.
Ann Sather Café
3416 N Southport Ave., Chicago, (773) 404-4475
This famous local spot has great breakfast and brunch options ranging from omelettes to pancakes to french toast.
Sox Game Dining Suggestions:
2373 S. Archer Avenue Chicago, IL, 60616, (312) 326-3443
A few miles from US Cellular field, their pizza is delicious and easy to split among the family. Picky eaters will easily find something on this Italian menu that will make them happy too!
1152 S. Wabash Ave., Chicago, (312) 291-0100
Located in the South Loop, this restaurant has great breakfast and brunch menus as well as a large lunch menu.
1419 W Taylor St., Chicago, (312) 850-2222
Leona's is a family friendly spot in Little Italy, not too far from Cellular Field. Pizzas, pastas and sandwiches will keep the whole family happy.