There's a big party taking place this weekend for your entire family, brought to you by one of my own favorite local resources, NPN (New Parent Network.)
It's NPN's Annual Wake Up & Boogie Down Family Festival Fundraiser, taking place this Saturday June 5 at the Cubby Bear, 1059 W. Addison St.
The event features:
- Live musical performances by the Happiness Club, Bubbles Academy, and Miss Shana
- Face painting, balloon twisting and family friendly activities
- Healthy and fun snacks for parents and kids
- Exciting instant win raffle prizes
- Dancing, giveaways, and fun for the whole family
You can find more details on NPN's web site at http://www.npnparents.org
If you don't already know about NPN, you should check them out. I'm a member and I've been to their great preschool fair, and have used the discussion boards for advice (toddler sleep issues!) and even to help find childcare. The discussion boards are SUPER active, so it's a great place to connect with other local parents and to learn about great community resources.
The party this weekend runs from 9:30am - 12:30pm, and tickets are $20 adults, $10 kids; or $50 for a family of four. Under one year is free.